Are you planning a holiday in Egypt?
Our Egypt travel guide is under construction. The AGE™ travel magazine likes to inspire you with the first articles: Egypt diving at the Red Sea, balloon flight over Luxor. More reports will follow: The Egyptian Museum; Pyramids of Giza; Karnak and Luxor Temples; Valley of the Kings; Abu Simbel ... and many more travel tips.
The 10 most important attractions and sights in Egypt
Egypt is a country full of fascinating attractions and sights that attract visitors from all over the world. Here are our top 10 travel destinations in Egypt:
• The Pyramids of Giza: The Pyramids of Giza are undoubtedly one of the most famous wonders of the ancient world. The three main pyramids, including the Great Pyramid of Khufu, are fascinating architectural masterpieces and a must-see for every visitor to Egypt.
• The Temple of Karnak: This impressive temple complex in Luxor is one of the largest religious structures in the world. The colonnaded halls, obelisks and hieroglyphs tell of the religious significance and splendor of ancient Egypt.
• The Valley of the Kings: The tombs of numerous pharaohs were discovered in the Valley of the Kings in Luxor, including the tomb of Tutankhamun. The paintings and hieroglyphs in the tombs are surprisingly well preserved.
• The Temple of Abu Simbel: This temple complex on the banks of the Nile near Aswan was built by Ramesses II and is known for its impressive monumental statues. The temple was even moved to save it from the floods of Lake Nasser.
• The Egyptian Museum in Cairo: The Egyptian Museum houses one of the largest collections of Egyptian antiquities in the world, including the treasures of Tutankhamun.
• The Red Sea: Egypt's Red Sea coast is a paradise for divers and snorkelers. The coral reefs are breathtaking and the marine life is rich in diversity.
• The Valley of the Queens: The tombs of the royal women of ancient Egypt were found in this valley in Luxor. The wall paintings in the tombs offer insights into the lives of the pharaohs.
• The City of Alexandria: Alexandria is a historic port city with a rich history. Highlights include the catacombs of Kom El Shoqafa, the Qaitbay Citadel, and the Bibliotheca Alexandrina, a modern homage to the ancient library of Alexandria.
• The Aswan Dam: The Aswan Dam, one of the largest dams in the world, has changed the course of the Nile and generates clean energy. Visitors can tour the dam and learn more about its importance to Egypt.
• The White Desert: This unusual desert area in Egypt's Western Desert is known for its bizarre limestone rock formations that create a surreal landscape at sunset.
Egypt offers an amazing variety of historical sites, breathtaking landscapes and cultural treasures. These 10 destinations are just a fraction of what Egypt has to offer and invite you to explore the rich history and natural beauty of this fascinating country.