Are you planning a vacation in Jordan?
Let AGE ™ inspire you! Here you will find the Jordan Travel Guide: From the rock city of Petra to the Wadi Rum desert to the Dead Sea. Experience pure hospitality; UNESCO World Heritage Site and the magic of the desert. Jordan is definitely worth a visit. All reports are based on personal experiences.
Discover Jordan: A destination full of wonder, culture and history
A fascinating country in the Middle East, Jordan is a paradise for travelers looking for impressive history, breathtaking nature and warm hospitality. Here are our top 10 most searched attractions and sights that make Jordan an unforgettable travel destination:
1. Petra Jordan - The Rock City: Petra one of the seven new wonders of the world and the crown jewel of Jordan. Carved into the pink rock, the ancient city of Petra boasts impressive temples, tombs and a unique archaeological heritage. In addition to the Pharaoh's treasury, the Ad Deir monastery, the Roman amphitheater and of course the countless, some richly decorated, rock tombs are impressive. Petra's sights and attractions enchant travelers from all over the world.
2. Jerash - The ancient Roman city: Jerash is one of the best-preserved Roman cities outside of Italy and boasts impressive ruins including the Oval Forum, the Hippodrome and the Temple of Zeus, as well as the Temple of Artemis. Visiting the ancient city, known by its Roman name Gerasa, was one of the highlights of our trip to Jordan.
3. Wadi Rum desert: This desert landscape is also known as "The Valley of the Moon". Wadi Rum offers spectacular sand dunes and rock formations. Here you can experience adventures such as desert safaris, rock climbing and Bedouin hospitality. Walk in the footsteps of Lawrence of Arabia.
4. The Red Sea: Jordan offers access to the Red Sea, perfect for diving and snorkeling. The underwater world here is rich in coral reefs and fascinating sea creatures. Despite its proximity to the city of Aqaba, the Gulf of Aqaba is a real highlight for divers and snorkelers. The impressive diving areas of the Gulf of Aqaba can be visited from a total of four countries: In addition to Jordan, Israel, Egypt and Saudi Arabia also offer access to the beautiful coral reefs of the Red Sea.
5. Dead Sea: The Dead Sea, the deepest salt sea in the world, is known for its unique swimming experience. The high salt content allows you to float on the surface while enjoying mineral-rich mud treatments.
6. Dana Nature Reserve: This nature reserve offers hiking trails through the breathtaking mountain landscape, home to a diverse range of wildlife. It is a paradise for nature lovers and hikers.
7. Shaumari Wildlife Reserve: The protected area is home to the Arabian Oryx antelope. Arabian oryx were already considered extinct before a successful breeding and protection program gave the rare animals a new life and home in Jordan.
8. Desert castles: Jordan is rich in desert castles that date back to the Umayyad period. Qasr Amra, Qasr Kharana and Qasr Azraq are some of the most impressive.
9. Religious diversity: In Jordan, different religions live in peaceful neighborhood. For example, the Baptistery in Bethany attracts pilgrims from all over the world. The holy site on the Jordan River is associated with the baptism of Jesus Christ. Mount Nebo and the mosaic map of Madaba in St. George's Church in Madaba also have high cultural value for many religions and are very popular with tourists and Jordanians themselves.
10. Amman Roman Theater and Citadel: The top sights in the Jordanian capital Amman include the Citadel Hill (Jebel el Qala'a), the al-Husseini Mosque and an impressive Roman theater that dates back to the 2nd century. It is a testimony to the Roman history in the country. We visited other amphitheaters, some of which were very well preserved, in the rock city of Petra, the Roman city of Jerash and the ancient city of Umm Qais.
Of course, this list is by no means complete. There are a variety of other highlights, attractions and sights in Jordan. Jordan is a country full of cultural and natural treasures that delights travelers with its diversity and beauty. From the ancient wonders of Petra to the endless desert landscapes of Wadi Rum, Jordan offers an unforgettable travel experience for adventurers, history buffs and nature lovers alike. Experience the magic of this fascinating country and let yourself be enchanted by its hospitality.